Friday, March 5, 2010

Richardine L Bates

Meet Richardine L. Bates

We know that Richardine is buried in Section A, Lot 80, and grave 3B. The "B" is my annotation to indicate that she shares the lower portion of grave 3. In 3A is baby daughter Hepperley, whose parents, Jacob Frank and Selenia, lie next to her in grave 4 & 5.

We know that Richardine died on December 20, 1926 in Portland, according to the Oregon Death Index. We know that she was buried on December 21, 1926, according to the Cemetery records. I assume she was an infant.
Her monument was under about two inches of sod, and was uncovered today, March 5, 2010. It is located under one of the larger Douglas Fir Trees in section A.
After uncovering her monument I was standing there looking at it, and thinking about the "Bates Motel". A dangerous thought I know, but hey it happened. All of a sudden I saw a shadow of something behind me, and then had a large clump of fir bows hit me in the head. This is the first time I've ever had a clump of fir bows hit me - and I've spent a lot of time in the woods, and this isn't even in the woods!

I looked around and didn't see anyone - and then looked up in the Fir tree I was under. There on the fork of a branch was a pile of more fronds just waiting to fall. Nearby on the branch was a squirrel looking down at me. It wasn't laughing, or calling like you might expect, but just starring down at me.
Had I suddenly been transported to the Hotel Multnomah Park where you can check in but you can't check out?
This lower photo shows Richardine's monument and the pile of fir fronds that hit me in the head.

Rest in Peace Richardine.


No comments:

Post a Comment