Friday, January 22, 2010

The Dark Divide is an area of spectacular scenery seldom visited, and little known. It is located between Mounts St Helens and Adams in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
So, what does the Dark Divide in Washington have to do with a cemetery in Portland, Oregon? A lot actually. Because it was while I was on a hike in this wild country that I was introduced to the website findagrave.com by my hiking companion and also genealogist. Had I not been told about that website I probably would not have started posting my photos of tombstones to that website. Had I not started posting photos to findagrave I wouldn't have asked Eric if he wanted to start censusing Multnomah Park Cemetery in our neighborhood of Lents, Portland. Had we not started our censusing project we wouldn't have learned about the Morningside Hospital and the patients and their families in Alaska.
One thing leads to another for a reason.
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment