Sunday, February 28, 2010

And Yet Another Mystery!!


I spent about two hours in the cemetery today and it was a beautiful early spring day. It was warm enough to go coatless! As mentioned in an earlier post, I wanted to clean off the grave of Baby Barlow, which I did, and here is the picture of the now-clean grave. I think I will plant nasturtiums in the planter this spring.

Baby Barlow is interred in Section F, Lot 157. Most of the lots in this section has 5 or six burials in them. I counted nine in this section - most of them infants. Also, there is a "Unknown Man" buried here, and I did find a marker for a "Paul A" Paul's marker is one of the many concrete markers that were made by the friends or the family and which are deteriorating very quickly. We want to document them soon as we don't know how long they will remain in one piece.

The Ukrainian Pentecostals were there again today, driving up in their brand-new Mercedes 4-door and looking very prosperous. They cleaned the gravestones of their relatives all the while giving me the look of " we don't know you, but we are prepared to not like you" and when they left, they drove very slowly past me as I was cleaning another stone; I waived, they glared, except for a young girl in the back seat, she waved back. There is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment